REST is a common API architectural style based on HTTP that provides interoperability between computer systems on the Internet, between micro-services and was adopted by 3GPP for several interfaces in 5G. This solution allows the construction of complex REST requests that can be used for testing API features and performance under load.
User commands can be fully automated using the HTTP API. This includes performing all test control functions as well as collecting results and metrics.
The application’s subsystems can be edited directly in the browser using TDL or by using the graphical tools. The Message Workshop allows for creating of test scenarios directly from the hex stream of a remote capture, while the Graphical Editor (on the feature roadmap for 2019) will allow for creating customized call scenarios by dragging and dropping the call flow to meet your test needs.
For testing the AMF, the 5G Network Emulator can wrap around the node using the N1, N2, N8, N11 and N12 interfaces. Traffic can be originated from real or emulated UE and IoT devices
• General Registration
• Registration with AMFre-allocation
• UE-initiated Deregistration
• Network-initiated Deregistration
• UE Triggered Service Request
• Network Triggered Service Request
• UE Configuration Update procedurefor access and mobility management related parameters
• UE Configuration Update procedurefor transparent UE Policy delivery
• UE Reachability NotificationRequest procedure
• UE Activity Notificationprocedure
• AN Release
The Valid8 REST Feature Tester is capable of simulating multiple nodes and generating large scale stateful REST traffic
Hypertext Transfer Protocol HTTP/1.1 RFC 2616
Hypertext Transfer Protocol Version 2 (HTTP/2) RFC 7540
REST Feature Tester